Wednesday 14 November 2012

Introducing David Franco


(re-post from 24.10.2012)                     
                          

Meet David. A simple Spanish boy from Bilbao now living in Madrid. Who knew that he would look so good in front of the camera?
I happened to meet him while walking on the streets of Chueca, Madrid. It was a total coincidence.
As we sat to have our first drink I found out that David is actually a model and hey what do you know?  He models for Park Avenue and Ray ban. Quite a catch for a fashion blogger like me ha? 


At first it was little difficult for me to have a conversation with him because of the language difference but then I tried throwing in my bad Spanish and some broken French to find out what I actually wanted to.
Wishing I had an interpreter and abusing myself for not asking any of my Spanish friends to come along with me, I started firing questions at him--

DAVID:
I am not too much into fashion. I like to keep it simple. I just want to look good and presentable, not for others but for my own self because it gives me confidence. I never planned to become a model but it just happened. I started as a freelance model and I still am, I don't want to make it my mainstream profession because I have my own business to take care of. I own a pub/club in Chueca and that's what I love doing. I like to see people have a good time in my pub. I also like to dance. I am a gogo dancer too and if you come to my pub on a New Year's eve this year then you probably would see me dance crazy on GAYNGAM STYLE.

(How do you keep so fit? Whats the secret behind your amazing built?)

DAVID:
I work out. I am in a profession where I need to be fit. I am saying this not because I need to pose in front of the camera but because I need to look presentable for my business and also because I  gogo dance (wink wink). I run almost everyday, I swim and I watch my portions and calories and even though I have a pub to run, I try not to drink.

(Who do you generally wear? any style secrets?)

DAVID:
I wear whatever I feel comfortable in. No specific designers. I wear designer clothes only when I walk on the runway. I am very comfortable with my body and I like to wear clothes which fits me well like rite now this vest that I am wearing is what I bought from a store on the streets. 

(Do you also like to travel? Have you ever been to India?)

DAVID:
Well I like to travel. I have traveled around Europe quite a bit and no I have never been to India but I would love to go there. I love Indian food. I like to eat curry. It's spicy and delicious. I sometimes go to Indian restaurants in Madrid to have nice food.


and with that I ended my very unplanned interview session with David. I invited him over for dinner the next day and cooked Indian. Spicy he said and he got a little taste of original CURRY.


1 comment:

  1. Is there something inthe warer stram over there in spain they just keep unearthing exceptional talent well done so impressed with this blog in particular! ✈️

    ReplyDelete